Equipment Hire - General Rules, Terms & Conditions
We only hire our equipment out to members of the PAG aged 18 years and
1. All telescopes and binoculars are the sole property of the P.A.G. and are for hire only.
2. The hiring charge is not negotiable and must be paid for in advance for a minimum of one calendar month.
3. Equipment can only be hired for one month at a time. This is to be fair and gives other members the chance to hire.
4. All equipment hired is to be picked up and returned at the monthly society meetings.
5. All members must fill in the hiring form prior to collecting the equipment - this is for our records and security.
6. Please do not touch any of the lenses or mirrors with your fingers; they have a special coating which can easily be damaged by touch.
7. Please do not attempt to clean the lenses or mirrors yourself - should they require cleaning please report back.
8. Please treat the equipment with respect, all astronomical equipment is expensive and care should be taken when using not to drop or damage the equipment in any way.
9. Please familiarise yourselves with the equipment prior to hiring. Training on the use of the equipment will be given at the time of hiring but do not be afraid to ask for additional help should you need it.
Please print hire form, complete and hand to Treasurer with fee.
Details of instruments: